Crispy Broccoli Cauliflower Quinoa
We love this meal because it’s delicious, flavorful AND helps keep you from getting sick!
- 1/2 head cauliflower
- 1/2 head broccoli
- 4 tsp. ground turmeric
- 2 tsp. cumin
- 1/8 tsp. nutmeg
- 1/8 tsp. thyme
- 3 tbsp. extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tsp. sea salt (Celtic Grey, Himalayan, or Redmond Real Salt)
- 1/8 tsp. cinnamon
- 1 cup quinoa
- 2 cups vegetable broth or filtered water
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees. In a saucepan, add quinoa, vegetable broth (or water), and sea salt. Bring to a boil and then bring heat down to a simmer, for about 15 to 20 minutes or until all the broth is absorbed.
- Wash, dry and then chop the cauliflower and broccoli into small florets and set aside. In a large bowl, thoroughly mix all other ingredients (turmeric, cumin, nutmeg, cinnamon, thyme, olive oil, and sea salt). Then, add the broccoli and cauliflower florets and mix again. Transfer mixture to an ovenproof dish and roast in the oven for 15 minutes, until lightly brown on top.
- Remove the cauliflower and broccoli from oven and let stand for 5 more minutes (covered) before serving. Serve broccoli and cauliflower over a bed of quinoa and enjoy!
Recipe from Alkamind.