Pumpkin Spice Muffins
These Pumpkin Spice Muffins are both grain-free and refined sugar free, so you can feel good about having them any time of day!
- 1/4 cup pumpkin seeds
- 1/4 cup shredded coconut
- 1 Tbs. coconut sugar
- 1 cup pumpkin puree
- 3 eggs
- 1/2 cup maple syrup
- 1/2 cup almond butter
- 1/3 cup avocado or coconut oil, warmed
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1 cup almond meal
- 1/4 cup coconut flour
- 2 tsp. pumpkin pie spice (or La Boite Reims)
- 1/2 tsp. baking soda
- 1/2 tsp. sea salt
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and grease a 12-count muffin tin with coconut oil or line with parchment paper cups.
- In blender, pulse together pumpkin seeds and shredded coconut until chopped. Transfer to a small bowl and mix in coconut sugar. Set aside.
- Add pumpkin puree, eggs, maple syrup, almond butter, coconut oil, and vanilla extract to blender and blend until well combined.
- Add dry ingredients to blender and pulse until well combined. Batter should be thick, but pourable.
- Divide batter evenly among the 12 muffin cups. Sprinkle each with a scant 1 tablespoon of the topping mixture and gently press into batter. Bake for 20-25 minutes, until a toothpick inserted into the middle comes out clean.
- Let muffins sit for 10 minutes before removing them from the baking tin and transferring to wire rack to cool completely.
Makes 12 muffins. Recipe from Erin Parekh.